About the Film:
Show up early at 2:30 p.m. to enjoy some opera arias and duets at The Little Theater Cafe from Roberts Wesleyan College's music department!
- Jessi Temple sings "Sea Air" by Previn from A Streetcar Named Desire
- Monica Ramich sings "O mio babbino caro" by Puccini from Gianni Schicchi
- Samson McCrady sings "O del mio amato ben" by Donaudy and "When I Have Sung My Songs" by Ernest Charles
- Emma McDermitt-Wise and Samson McCrady sing "Bei Maennern" from The Magic Flute by Mozart
- Dylon Walbridge will be accompanying with piano for all singers
Join WXXI for the second installment of Classical 91.5 Presents, a series that spotlights classical music connections in film.
Take some time to experience the romance, laughter, and beauty of Moonstruck on the big screen at The Little.
The screening will be followed by a short discussion of the music in the movie facilitated by Classical 91.5 host Mona Seghatoleslami.
- Constance Fee, opera singer and voice professor at Roberts Wesleyan College
- Eric Townell, opera conductor and artistic director at the Rochetser Oratorio Society
- Art Axelrod and Carol Crocca of the Opera Guild of Rochester.
With an unlikely and wonderful cast including Nicholas Cage, Cher, and Olympia Dukakis, Moonstruck is a poignant romantic comedy with meditations on life, love, and family. It's fun, it's sweet, and in the midst of it all, there is an unforgettable trip to Metropolitan Opera to see Puccini's La Boheme.
This series is sponsored in part by: